Friday, August 27, 2010

In A Million Words or Less

My daughter is now in 8th grade.  [How did that happen?]  And it seems just like yesterday I was singing "The Wheels On The Bus" with her.  [Sigh.]  Oh well.

This is the first week of school for the kids, and along with all the forms I've had to fill out again [and again and again], 2 of my daughter's teachers requested a paper to be written about my daughter.  For me to describe my daughter, "...in a million words or less."  Well, they asked for it.  That's all I've got to say.  [Snort.]  So, with assurance from my daughter that I could write it once and print it twice, here it is:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A Million words or less about my daughter?  Well, I didn't hit the "million" part, but here she is:

  • She's witty.
  • Intelligent.
  • Has the most beautiful smile.
  • Inquisitive doesn't even cover it.  She's not afraid of asking the question, "Why?"
  • Athletic.
  • Avid reader.  Avid.  And fast.
  • She's shy until she gets to know you.  Then, it's "Katy bar the door."
  • Has a natural exuberance that gets in the way sometimes of her listening abilities.  [But time and experience will help to fix that.  I'm sure.]
  • Determined.
  • Did I mention she's determined?
  • She can act tough sometimes, but she's really soft and sweet underneath it all.
  • Loyal.
  • I have found her thinking outside the box and looking at things from a totally different perspective may drive you nuts, but just take a deep breath, and let her explain herself.  She just may have a point.
  • Can work well under pressure.  [In fact, she thrives on it.  She may say she doesn't.  But she does.]
  • Confident.
  • Can look at anything and draw it.  Anything.
  • Competitive doesn't even cover it.  With everything.  All the time.
  • She's not afraid to lose.  She's done that a time or two.  She says it's a learning experience.  That she just wants to get better.  And if she has to lose to do so, so be it.  [Her words, not mine.  Honest.  She takes "losing" much better than me.]
  • Has high expectations for herself.  And others.
  • Resilient.
I could go on, but I think you get the picture.  I think she's awesome.  Not perfect.  [Who is?]  But perfectly her.


Oh.  And good luck.  You're gonna need it.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


2 comments:

  1. Aw, that is sooo sweet. Sort ofReminds me of how my daughters were at the beginning of 8th grade...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Caroline . . . reminds me of my daughter too . . . especially the "avid" reader part and "fast" too! I do have to say, she has a pretty special mom too.

    ReplyDelete

Inappropriate comments will be deleted. So keep it clean and be nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...