This is the first week of school for the kids, and along with all the forms I've had to fill out again [and again and again], 2 of my daughter's teachers requested a paper to be written about my daughter. For me to describe my daughter, "...in a million words or less." Well, they asked for it. That's all I've got to say. [Snort.] So, with assurance from my daughter that I could write it once and print it twice, here it is:
A Million words or less about my daughter? Well, I didn't hit the "million" part, but here she is:
- She's witty.
- Has the most beautiful smile.
- Inquisitive doesn't even cover it. She's not afraid of asking the question, "Why?"
- Avid reader. Avid. And fast.
- She's shy until she gets to know you. Then, it's "Katy bar the door."
- Has a natural exuberance that gets in the way sometimes of her listening abilities. [But time and experience will help to fix that. I'm sure.]
- Did I mention she's determined?
- She can act tough sometimes, but she's really soft and sweet underneath it all.
- I have found her thinking outside the box and looking at things from a totally different perspective may drive you nuts, but just take a deep breath, and let her explain herself. She just may have a point.
- Can work well under pressure. [In fact, she thrives on it. She may say she doesn't. But she does.]
- Can look at anything and draw it. Anything.
- Competitive doesn't even cover it. With everything. All the time.
- She's not afraid to lose. She's done that a time or two. She says it's a learning experience. That she just wants to get better. And if she has to lose to do so, so be it. [Her words, not mine. Honest. She takes "losing" much better than me.]
- Has high expectations for herself. And others.
Oh. And good luck. You're gonna need it.